It’s important to us that every product is safe for people and the planet, which is why we put our formulas through third-party independent, nontoxic certification by MADE SAFE’s board of scientists, who investigate ingredients and ingredient combinations. We use phenethyl alcohol and ethylhexylglycerin as the preservation system for our water-based products. Both are approved by MADE SAFE and are rated a "1" by the Environmental Working Group, which is the safest possible score.
Articles in this section
- What is MADE SAFE®?
- Do you offer an SPF?
- Why are there Best By dates printed on some products and not others?
- Why are some of the essential oils organic and others not?
- Isn’t orange oil photosensitizing?
- I’ve read that phenethyl alcohol and ethylhexylglycerin could be toxic, so why are they in your formulas?
- Do you use synthetic ingredients?
- Do your products contain caffeine?
- Are your products pH-balanced?
- Are your products vegan?