Nearly every ingredient used in our products is plant-derived, with just a few exceptions: certain ceramides and peptides are certified MADE SAFE®, biomimetic (meaning they mirror nature’s design), and synthetic. In this case, we chose synthetic versions because plant-based ceramides and peptides aren’t as stable or effective. They are safe for humans and the planet.
Articles in this section
- What are the ingredients in the Purifying Hand Sanitizer?
- What is MADE SAFE®?
- Do you offer an SPF?
- Why are there Best By dates printed on some products and not others?
- Why are some of the essential oils organic and others not?
- Why are there no darker shades for the Everyday Sheer Coverage?
- Is the bergamot oil in the Pre Cleanse Oil bergaptene-free?
- Isn’t orange oil photosensitizing?
- I’ve read that phenethyl alcohol and ethylhexylglycerin could be toxic, so why are they in your formulas?
- Do you use synthetic ingredients?